Sunday, August 12

it's alive

Posting lapses are bad, bad, bad, but I'm not going to lie and say that my trip to Evanston, Illinois for the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies' Writers and Designers Workshop at the Medill School of Journalism hasn't been absolutely worth it.

I don't have much time to write now, either, since I've got a lengthy trip to the airport and I seem to have complications leaving Chicago (last year I lost my paper ticket and the year before I missed my plane).

Lots of talk about newspaper sales at the workshop this year since the Creative Loafing company, based in Atlanta, bought the Chicago Reader very recently. Dinners and drinks and critiques with editors and publishers from both companies, including a very cool invite to an pre-dinner shindig at the home of the now-former owner of the Reader, have been nothing short of fascinating.

More significant to readers in Northern Colorado is this blog post from the now Murdoch-owned Wall Street Journal about talk of a sale at Gannett, the mega-media chain that owns the Coloradoan.

No comments: